Data Governance Analyst - Maryville, TN - copy
Data Governance Analyst - Maryville, TN
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
Clayton is on a multiyear journey to modernize its technology footprint, which includes the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning software suite. A key requirement for a successful execution of the modernization program will be our ability to populate the new environments with good quality data as well as having solid policies & procedures in place that ensures that data in the new systems continue to be of high quality.
The mission for the Data Governance team is to develop a formal data governance practice within Clayton Homes and establish policies, procedures and processes that govern how our data assets are managed to enable Clayton’s goal of being a data driven organization, with data being a strategic enabler of growth.
Other reasons to consider this exciting opportunity!
- Opportunity to effect changes that have broad and long-term impact on the company
- Collaborating with and learning from motivated team members with various backgrounds and areas of expertise
- Opportunity to shape the data culture at Clayton
- Exposure to a variety of technologies that Clayton is adopting/integrating including Salesforce, AWS, Confluence, Oracle ERP Cloud and much more!
- Working in specific workstreams within the Data Governance practice in Clayton Homes. You will work with development managers, portfolio managers, product owners and other supporting team members to provide sound data governance practices across the organization.
- Supporting the development of data management practices & processes
- Developing enabling systems, controls and services to support the data governance program e.g. Data Quality Testing, Data dictionaries, Metadata management, Access controls etc.
- Control testing and reporting of implemented framework and compliance across Clayton Homes
- Performing special tasks as assigned by the Data Governance Manager
- Solid understanding of Data Governance principles. Experience with MDM, change control, quality and security as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence principles for relational database platforms.
- Experience with database modeling and query writing
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills. Data Analysis background is a plus.
- Good judgment using analysis& experience and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long-term impact on the company
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Data Analysis experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of professional business experience with a progressive track record of accomplishments in Information Governance, Data Governance or Data Management
- Core competency in SQL Development
- DB design
- DB modeling
- DB governance
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and Holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
URL blocked - click to apply
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
Job Category: Information Technology