Dialysis Clinic, Inc. is recruiting top talent interested in supporting our nonprofit mission to prioritize individualized care for hospitalized patients facing acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease. Our mission states “the care of the patient is our reason for existence,” and our dedicated team embodies our sole purpose during every patient interaction. We seek motivated, compassionate individuals to provide top-notch patient care and offer paid training, competitive pay, outstanding benefits and a positive, mission-driven culture. Join DCI today to build relationships and gain fulfillment caring for dialysis patients in an acute care environment.
The Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN) provides specialized dialysis, renal nursing care, and if contractually required, plasmapheresis treatments in our Valhalla acute hemodialysis unit. The Acute RN collaborates with hospital and outpatient care team members to ensure patients receive the safest care with the highest-quality outcomes.
Schedule: Full-time, three 13.33-hour shifts, 7:00am-8:50pm. Some positions are on call 24/7, and rotating call may be required at some locations.
Compensation: Pay range from $41.00-$43.00 per hour, depending on nursing and dialysis experience; experience preferred
- Up to 12 weeks’ paid training with preceptor
- Paid 12-week training with preceptor
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and long-term care insurance provided at no additional expense to employee
- Paid time off (PTO) including holidays
- Extended Sick Bank (ESB) in addition to PTO – paid time for doctor appointments, sickness or medical leave
- Retirement plans with $.50 of each contributed dollar matched for eligible employees, up to 8 percent
- Education reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Among others
What You Can Expect:
- Prepare and monitor equipment used for intermittent or continuous dialysis and water treatment in the acute setting, including quality control checks
- Perform and document pre-, intra- and post-dialysis assessments
- Initiate, monitor and terminate dialysis treatments per established policies and procedures
- Dispense medication as ordered and document per policy and procedure in hospital medical record
- Administer blood and blood products per hospital policy and procedure
- Accurately receive, transcribe and implement written and verbal orders from physicians
- Access lab reports, interpret and report necessary information to nephrologist
- Provide renal education to patients and family members and document appropriately
- Serve as primary dialysis contact for nephrologists and hospital staff and liaison to outpatient dialysis center
- Adhere to DCI and hospital policies and procedures including proper completion of occurrence reports as necessary
- Additional tasks as necessary
Successful Candidates Bring:
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency
- Desire to collaborate with care teams
- Ability to problem solve
- Customer service mindset in communicating with patients, team members and partner hospital
- Current NY RN license required
- Six months’ dialysis and/or critical care nursing experience preferred, job shadow opportunities available
- Current CPR and BLS certifications
Since opening the first clinic 50 years ago in Nashville, Tenn., our Dialysis Clinic, Inc. family has grown to be the nation’s largest nonprofit dialysis provider with more than 270 locations in 30 states, serving nearly 14,000 patients each day. DCI invests in our care teams and funds research to further kidney care and treatment options. DCI prioritizes a holistic approach and offers hemodialysis, home dialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatment options. We empower patients to live meaningful and productive lives while also delivering high quality kidney care, saving lives and reducing hospitalizations. Learn more about DCI and see if we’re hiring in a clinic near you! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN)
DCI is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN) or
. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN).
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care