To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
- Phone: 847-635-4655
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Counselor Case Manager (SASS Screener)
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is seeking an energetic person to join our team as a Counselor/Case Manager in our Screening, Assessment & Support Services (SASS) program on the Northwest side of Chicago. Duties include:
- Conduct initial assessments for all clients that are identified as meeting the criteria for the SASS community support team program
- Participate in on-call rotation to conduct emergency, on-site assessments of clients to determine the need for inpatient hospitalization.
- Work in collaboration with other agency programs and staff. Coordinate with other community agencies and organizations such as DCFS, schools, hospitals, other providers in the community.
- Provide intensive outreach in an attempt to engage clients who do not follow through with post discharge/deflection appointments.
- Provide case management services as defined in the plan of care that coordinate, support, and advocate for clients who need multiple services and require assistance in gaining access to and in using mental health, social, vocational, educational, child welfare, and other community services and resources.
Master's degree in social service field required, LSW/LPC preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Master's degree required in Counseling or Social Work.
Valid Illinois Driver's license & insurance.
Must have an insured vehicle.
Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Experience in with homeless population, preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Counselor Case Manager, Social Services, Human Services, Medical Health Services, Nursing, Mental Health, Rehabilitation Services, Vocational Rehabilitation, Case Manager, Program Coordinator, Community Support Specialists, Manager, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.