Repair, installation, and preventative/predictive maintenance on a wide variety of facility machinery, mechanical equipment, and systems, including piping and auxiliary items. Examine & troubleshoot equipment to diagnose source of problems, offer solutions, perform repairs, replace broken or defective parts, and make necessary adjustments for operation. Participate in safety meetings, reviews, investigations, and HAZOPS on an as needed or required basis. Ensure that the facility and equipment is maintained in proper and safe operating condition in order to fulfill Production requirements.
- Knowledgeable of Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Supervise on site contractors and other plant personnel preforming maintenance as needed.
- Ensure on-site contractors have provided proper insurance document and hot work permits as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment to ensure it reaches its useful lifespan (compressor, pumps, mixers, building structure, mills, plumbing, forklifts, etc.)
- Maintain records of all maintenance activity within the preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain & improve daily operation & reliability of the plant's control systems.
- Perform repair functions to the equipment as required to maintain operation of the facility including general electrical and PLC troubleshooting.
- Maintain proper stores of required maintenance materials.
- Responsible for the purchase of equipment, parts and materials required to maintain the facility, equipment and fixtures.
- Assist other departments in maintaining the safety of the facility by using sound judgment and progressive preventive maintenance practices, along with aggressively using state of the art continuous improvement concepts.
- Perform minor and major repairs to the building (as suitable given license- electrical, plumbing, mill wright, etc.)
- Responsible for assessing structure of the building and make recommendations to keep the property in good state of repair.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the facilities management criteria - directing and overseeing those outside contractors for landscaping, etc. and maintaining appropriate logs of activity.
- Seek out better equipment for our tasks when a repeated failure occurs.
- If needed build what we need when we cannot find the right type of equipment.
- HVAC experience a plus
- SAP maintenance module experience a big plus
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years as a project manager or supervisory background overseeing controls systems.
- Minimum of 3 years electrical experience.
- General mechanical knowledge of gears, pulleys, motors, pumps, pressure, hydraulics, and vacuum.
- General maintenance skills and knowledge of working preventative maintenance systems.
- Strong analytical and creativity skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software, and PLC/DCS Controls.
- Education: Associates degree - prefer major in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Bachelor's degree is preferred in the above majors
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Min. 5 years project manager or supervisory background overseeing controls systems.
Min. 3 years electrical experience.
2 year college degree.
General mechanical knowledge of gears, pulleys, motors, pumps, pressure, hydraulics, and vacuum.