Cornerstone Learning Community (CornerstoneLC.com) is seeking substitutes for part time work starting immediately.
Cornerstone is a progressive, independent school. Our program is engaging and focused on putting the student at the center of the learning. Our mission: Inspire and empower compassionate global learners.
Cornerstone teachers are:
- Excellent communicators with students, parents, and colleagues, and have well developed oral and written language skills.
- Passionate educators that respect and nurture individual learning profiles.
- Knowledgeable educators who are informed by current research and seek opportunities for professional growth.
- Comfortable with change, embracing of diversity, and enjoy working with others.
- Take initiative to solve problems with compassion, care, and creativity.
- A love of children
- 3 to 5 years of experience in education preferred
- Ability to engage students of various ages in small and large groups on line and in person
- Capacity to redirect behavior without shaming using a restorative model
- Comfortable creating and leading group activities
- Proven communication skills
- Being a team player and taking initiative
- Proven dependability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Availability 8 am - 3:15 pm, Mon - Friday
- Bachelors degree in education preferred, but not required
- Bilingual a plus
- Imagination and humor a necessity
Candidates will be asked to:
- Come for an interview and tour the school
Send a resume that includes all relevant experience. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.We strive for a globally inclusive environment and seek faculty that reflect cultural and ethnic diversity. Cornerstone Learning Community is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or national origin.
Vaccination is a condition of employment.Benefits
Employee wellness program
- Problem Solving