To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3025 West Chandler Boulevard
Chandler, AZ 85226
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benihana Chef - Full-Time
Benihana National Corporation • Chandler, AZ
Responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to guests. Primarily works in front of restaurant while cooking and preparing hot meals on hibachi tables directly in front of guests. Ensures correct food portions are being cooked and maintains the kitchen areas and hibachi tables clean and sanitized. Prepares and sets up food for cooking and side orders.Responsibilities
In In accordance with Benihana\u2019s service and cooking procedures:
- Greets and welcomes guests within 15 minutes of their Teppan order(s).
- Performs a cooking show for assigned tables ensuring his/her interaction with guests is appropriate and non-offensive
- Readily provides guests with information about Benihana foods as they are being cooked or upon guest inquiries
- Responds promptly and courteously to guest requests
- Asks guests for cooking preference, as applicable, and follows guest instructions
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking using a variety of kitchen equipment (including but not limited to broilers, ovens, grills, food processors, blenders and fryers)
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned by the manager such as cleaning of refrigeration units, gaskets, chef carts and floors
- Maintains kitchen, Teppan cooking areas, kitchen equipment and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized. Reports any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to the chief chef or manager on duty (MOD)
- Is knowledgeable about and complies with the Company\u2019s standards on food portioning, cooking methods, quality standards, recipes, storyboards, service cycle, policies and procedures
- Prepares foods in accordance with the Company\u2019s portions standards and recipe specifications prior to cooking, including battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating foods
- Adheres to the Company\u2019s guidelines on proper food presentation and garnishes for all dishes. Handles, stores, labels, and rotates foods properly and in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws. Understands and follows FIFO method for food handling
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food for the dining room
- Adheres to Company guidelines on alcoholic beverage service
- Presents a clean and neat appearance and uses a courteous manner with all guests
- Immediately notifies MOD when guests are not satisfied with their experience or if an accident occurs
- Participates and joins restaurant staff in ensuring guest special occasion celebrations are memorable. Upon request or at the direction of the company, may be asked to photograph and/or be photographed with guests
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor
- Must be able to successfully pass Benihana chef training program
- Previous experience as chef or cook highly desirable
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.