A retail company in NJ is looking to hire a temp to perm (approximately 6-7 months as a temp). Candidates will be ask to:
• Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases.
• Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, checks, correspondence, and other requested items.
• Prepares daily wire transfers and check payments
• Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
• Answers accounts payable and receivable inquiries and follows up.
• Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure payments are accurate and timely.
• Bank reconciliation for over 30 bank accounts
• Manage suspense receipt to correct customers with sales team
• Verify vendor's invoices with supporting documents and process payments through the system
• Assign and enter incoming payments from customers
• Verify and process vendor master including bank information
• Assist in monthly and annual closings.
• Other accounting duties assigned
• Perform all other functions requested that are within the scope of this job as deemed necessary or appropriate by manager.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting
• 1-2 years’ experience in accounting or finance
• SAP experience required
• Rule based, Detail oriented
• Computer literate, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively
• Ability to work in a team environment