To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Quantico, VA 22134
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Quantico, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Network Administrator – Looking for someone with strong experience with switches, especially on a VLAN. Also needs to have strong experience with Layer 3 protocols/devices (routers and routing). This position may also be troubleshooting routers and also working with the various circuit providers. This is providing local and remote support to a nationwide network.
The Network Administrator will become part of a team of network specialists responsible for keeping an evolving mission critical enterprise network operating flawlessly.
The Network Administrator will provide support in the following areas:
- Senior Network Engineer will provide network-engineering input on major projects, upgrades, and installations.
- Will be responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting changes to the network including cable infrastructure, network software and hardware.
- Coordinate with users, system administrators to provide support for technical solutions.
- Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions.
- Analyzing and recommending the purchase of network equipment.
- Monitor routers and communications equipment that comprise the network.
- Provide training as needed to personal.
- Develop, implement and test changes to communication networks
- Maintaining network systems and equipment Installing and servicing terminals, cables, network components
- Resolving interoperability problems to maintaining connectivity throughout the network
- Analyzing traffic information and providing analyses to justify network optimization and reconfiguration
- Providing technical assistance, training and system documentation for users to promote efficient operation of communication networks
- Conferring with an advising network managers and system administrators on the management and functional capabilities of the networks
- Evaluating and recommending vendor products and services
• Reverse engineering, documenting, and explaining networks
This position is supporting a customer in Quantico, Virginia on the start of a 5 year contract.
The customer is responsible for a specialized network which provides connectivity, applications, and access to digital forensics evidence laboratories across the United States. This contract supports these laboratories, including the main headquarters in Quantico, Virginia.
About the environment:
- Position is M-F Day Shift except federal holidays
- Parking is available onsite
- Business Casual dress is acceptable
Active Top Secret Clearance is required.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five (5) years + experience in monitoring, managing and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment
- Experience with Layer 2 Networking
- Experience maintaining firewall appliances and firewall rules
- Experience planning, implementing, and supporting changes to network equipment and cabling
- Experience integrating network devices and SMB protocols with Software Defined Storage technologies
- Ability to analyze traffic information and provide justification for network optimization and reconfiguration
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178