Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and the highest level technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Acts as a principal application designer for critical components and major modifications effectively using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. May direct and monitor the activities of junior staff.Responsibilities:
Complete and oversee the most complex systems analysis, design and development efforts.
Play a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects.
Provide highest level analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the client areas and Bank in meeting short term business goals and long term strategic objectives.
Direct and monitor junior resources, and coordinate development tasks for any scope effort.
Prepare and manage technical components of project plans.
Confer with other development staff, operations staff and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
Evaluate and understand highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Review documentation prepared by junior development staff.
Prepare and review technical assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications. Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Typically lead technical evaluations of vendor software.
Follow and promote the use of development standards and procedures.
Maintain a high level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
Complete other related duties as assigned, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 6 years of systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years of higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years of systems analysis/application development experience Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature simultaneously Prior experience effectively using project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Prior experience coordinating between Applications and business units
- Prior experience driving project milestones and delivery dates Prior experience recommending and implementing system solutions
- Detail-oriented Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 6 years' systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years' systems analysis/application development experience
- Microsoft .Net Development, including VB, C#, and MVC
- TSQL programming SSRS / SSIS Development and Implementation
- We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Coaching And Mentoring
Complex Problem Solving