Position Open: September 22, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineering Student.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We seek to hire a Mechanical Engineering Student in our Virginia Beach, VA office beginning in Summer 2022 who will perform special project assignments and participate in project design and documentation. Our mechanical department specializes in the design and analysis of high performance heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and energy efficiency measures for the built environment.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of discipline design as directed by a senior or lead Engineer including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for building design
- Preparation of building design documents as directed
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Researching emerging technologies and design trends related to building mechanical engineering
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learning and implementing department and company standards
- Develop analysis and design skills
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, Senior Engineers, Architects or Engineers
Currently enrolled as a full-time student in an ABET accredited program and have completed at least their second year of study in one of the following programs:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Architectural Engineering (mechanical engineering focus)
- Energy Engineering
Applicant should be able to effectively utilize basic Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Familiarity with any of the following software is highly desirable:
- AutoCAD MEP
- Autodesk Revit
- Building heating/cooling load calculation software such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
- Building energy modeling software such as Trane Trace, IES-VE, eQuest, Energy Plus
One previous architectural or engineering internship or similar relevant work experience is preferred.
- Ability to arrange housing for the period of employment
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
- Microsoft Outlook
- Building Design
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Office
- Mechanical Engineering