To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- White Plains, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Consultant - Education Services
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • White Plains, NY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.Responsibilities
PCG is currently seeking a Senior Consultant for our New York region. With a growing presence in New York, our goal is to provide superior service to State and Local Education Agencies in the area of Special Education, School-based Medicaid, Educator Professional Development and other K-12-based program needs. For the right, motivated individual, there is an excellent opportunity for career development and advancement. Senior Consultants play a key role in the advancement of business development opportunities by partnering with regional Managers and Senior Consultants. This role will primarily focus on the execution of client engagement and business development strategies for New York school districts in our Revenue Services and Case Management service line.Specific Responsibilities:
Supervisor and Managers will provide the new Senior Consultant with a comprehensive, challenging training plan to ensure:
- Within first 30 days, understand and articulate PCGs services within Revenue Services and Case Management
- Within 60 days, understand framework for prospective client discussions as set forth by Supervisors and Managers, and attend service demonstrations
- Within 90 days, ability to confidently lead prospective client engagements and proposal development, including service demonstrations
After the implementation of a successful training plan, the Senior Consultant can expect to focus on client engagement and business development with at least 75% focus, including:
- Oversees and coordinates multiple engagements across the team to ensure client deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Investigates and analyzes prospective client operational processes, provides recommended solutions, manages implementation, and provides ongoing maintenance and support to clients
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to improve our services
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control risks
- Assists Supervisor and Manager in aligning the business development strategy with product/service development; and serves as liaison between local and technical team
- Coordinates and monitors proposal responses/solicitations with current and prospective clients; and ensures on-time, complete delivery of proposals
- Provide leadership with several, complex projects and sets of unique deliverables among multiple staff members.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with new clients.
- Coordinate teams to prepare for written status reports and materials for new clients; present status reports in client meetings.
- Lead clients through implementation for our web-based technologies and RSCM services.
- Attend related conferences and ability to interact with prospective clients
- Serve as an internal consultant to other projects or product lines.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead with credibility.
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Ability to move multiple engagements forward while working at a detailed level.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
- Ability to recognize risk and identify solutions.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
- Research and project management capabilities.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office products, particularly PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of related experience with proven ability to help lead a multidisciplinary team and cultivate business development opportunities
- School system experience in the areas of administration, student assessment, information technology, and finance or business operations is a plus
- Data visualization and/or software implementation experience is a plus