To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- VC Highlands, NV 89521
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer I
IGT • VC Highlands, NV
Posted 23 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
Want to be a part of a winning team, conceiving, designing and developing the latest and greatest games for the casino industry? We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to build memorable winning game experiences for IGT in a fun, collaborative studio environment. We move quickly to market changes and innovate constantly to provide our players with the best gaming experiences. If you enjoy working in a team environment, designing and creating software solutions, we would be interested in talking to you.
As a technical contributor, you will be integral to shaping our new game development workflow around the utilization of the Unity game engine. This role offers a wide variety of technical challenges to solve and explore related to the innovative slot game-play concepts enhanced by special effect and creative ways to meet the demands of players around the globe.
First Year Goals:
• Start contributing to a games development within the first weeks of arrival
• Work closely with others to understand the platform, best practices and processes used to develop slot games
• Build professional relationships with peers through immersion in the studio environment
• Work closely with the art and sound team to develop special effect enhancements within the constraints of the target platform
• Develop a game of your own and take it through the entire development cycle
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent; Master's degree is preferred
• Excellent C++/C# programming skills for video game development
• Object oriented design and development knowledge
• Familiarity with scripting languages and their applications to game development
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Self-motivated and passion for developing high-quality games
• Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process
• Experience with writing shaders, special effects, particle systems, cameras, and lighting using Unity or similar game engines
• 2D/3D programming experience
• Working knowledge of video gaming industry
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.