The Innovation Team is at the core of innovation and emerging technology development, discovery, deployment and support activity. Our team is leading the effort to digitally enable our business. Our mission is to develop disruptive & innovative technologies and products that drive the evolution of how we deliver our services now and in the future. The key technology domains we are currently focused on include business process automation, data curation, industrialized analytics, machine learning & AI and scalable delivery platform.A career in our Tax Reporting and Strategy practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making.Our team helps our clients expand the tax role to include research, analytics, and technologies to improve how their organisation collaborates and performs. You’ll focus on enhancing the tax reporting process by incorporating increased automation, integrating quality data, developing analytic capabilities, and utilising technology to deliver better quality output in less time.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Tax Reporting and Strategy (TRS) practice teams with organizations to design and execute industry leading tax functions, focusing on practical approaches to data, processes, technology and people. You’ll see tax from a new angle so you can redesign and redefine the Tax Department as a strategic asset across the enterprise.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Studies, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems
Possess at least one of the following:
Admission to the Bar
Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP) Six
Sigma Black Belt/Lean Black Belt/Master Black Belt Certified
Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
SAP Certified Professional
Oracle Certified Professional
PhD - Computer Science/Information Science or STEM Equivalent
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) Certified
Software Tester (CSTE)
UX Certificate - Nielsen Norman Group
Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or equivalent institutional Data
Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in general tax principles and regulations, including the application of FAS 109, FAS 109 software, Beta Management, Organization Design, Process Improvement, Controls, and Risk Management to large corporate tax functions, including:
- Monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory tax developments;
- Analyzing the economic impact of tax legislation and federal budget proposals and determining technology needs to support tax function effectiveness;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and,
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or proven record of success in automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Utilizing data ingestion technologies (Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, Trifacta, SSIS, etc.); and, Data visualization/analytics tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.);
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements;
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Participating in tax technology implementations, including selection of software packages, assessments of processes and data flows, tax systems implementation and configuration and digital tax transformation;
- Completing tax organizational design, process improvement, controls, risk management, tax strategy and implementation of software products; and,
- Understanding tax-related data analytics.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing communication, facilitation, and influencing skills in all aspects of assigned project areas;
- Balancing strategic thinking with pragmatism;
- Incorporating analytical and logical skills coupled with creative and technical problem-solving skills in day to day assigned project areas;
- Being action oriented and organized with a focus on conflict resolution, consensus building and negotiation; and,
- Leading teams and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff and encouraging improvement and innovation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.