POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing daily management and support of NWTH infrastructure environment, which includes server hardware/software, network switches, routers, security and connectivity to these resources.
PROVISION OF SERVICES
- Maintains accurate, timely, written and graphical LAN and WAN documentation, configurations, emergency recovery procedures, repair/service/error log, backup log, etc.. Communicates any changes to the appropriate IT staff to ensure continuity of knowledge and awareness.
- Lead technical Projects for NWTH
- Leads Active Directory administrations and Group Policies
- Leads the design of NWTH network infrastructure. Including San and NAS systems
- Leads and design the NWTH Virtual Environment including vSphere, vCenter and vMotion
- Leads the design, plan, installation, configuration, and support of all applications and servers, directory structures, rights, security, and file services.
- Leads the design, plan, installation, configuration, and support of network infrastructure equipment.
- Leads the design, plan, installation, configuration, and support of all system backup and recovery procedures.
- Monitors and quickly resolves service anomalies in network traffic, protocols, security breaches, viruses, system abuse or attacks, server based applications, host connectivity and utilization by methodically and responsibly following industry recognized and appropriate corrective actions
- Interacts with internal clients to resolve basic help desk issues; communicates with internal clients in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
- Provides responses to internal clients in a timely manner.
- Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Assists with the development of enterprise standard hardware and software.
- Serves as a technical resource for other IT Analysts on a daily basis. Provides network technical support and troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Responsible for daily backup and data recovery.
- Leads and maintains documentation of processes and procedures of common job duties.
- Monitors the network and computing assets for the proper security procedures, software, and indications of possible attacks/breaches by internal or external sources.
- Maintains a professional expertise by attending seminars/courses, through the review of published literature, and self-education of new technologies.
- Maintains a professional image and reflect the department and hospital’s philosophy of excellence and professionalism in customer service while directly performing the job and at all times while representing the department and the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows NWTH compliance programs and federal and state regulatory guides
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for allied health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 year hands-on experience in the design, installation, maintenance and management of enterprise servers, systems infrastructure equipment (cabling, servers, operating systems, monitoring tools/systems, MS Windows servers/Active Directory, Cisco equipment/networks) in
- Expert knowledge of routing, switching, bridging, VLANs, Cisco hardware and IOS
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Network Security.
- Expert knowledge with all major network protocols
- Expert knowledge of network security devices such as firewalls, IDS and VPN
- Expert knowledge of SAN, NAS, VMWare
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to lead projects, follow through to deliver final results, and work with minimal supervision is essential.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to evaluate systems and system problems, formulate alternative solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, and 3+ years of experience, or equivalent working experience
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, or other relevant certification
- In-depth Knowledge of:
- Cisco hubs, switches, routers, Remote Access, Servers, MS and Cisco products
- Communications- T1, ISDN, Frame Relay, ATM, Wireless, etc
- Network management software – Orion, OptiView, MS SMS, Cisco Works
- Test and repair of fiber and twisted-pair cable
- Network OS & Support
- Mircrosoft-Windows, Exchange, ISA, SQL
- UNIX, OS400
- Hardware Skills: HP; DELL; PCs and Servers
- Working Knowledge of Network and Operating System Security
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Ability to read and write in English
Ability to speak and hear, to allow discussions with employees and peers.
Ability to cope with and remain calm under stress
Ability to respond to pages
Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
Bending and lifting (10-70 lbs), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling.
Must be able to tolerate occasional long hours and occasional loud noise.
Server Supported Gaming