About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Compensation Consultant to join our Wells Fargo Total Rewards Team. The team supports leaders and employees through consultation, compensation design, performance management, program management, and effective risk governance. The Lead Compensation Consultant will provide credible strategic and tactical consultation on total direct compensation and performance management in support of company and business needs. The role will have the opportunity to help solve problems and address challenges to produce meaningful outcomes for business lines.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Partner with a human resource team and managers as an internal consultant to strategize, develop base and incentive compensation programs, and to resolve extremely complex issues where analysis requires an evaluation of tangible and intangible variance factors
- Review and analyze complex, multi-faceted, large scale, and long-term business, operational, or technical challenges that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted situations requiring understanding of policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead a broader work team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and middle level to more experienced managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Compensation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience with variable and incentive compensation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding incentive compensation and risk management
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Variable incentive design experience
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Certified Compensation Professional
- Change Management