To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting & Financial Analyst
Delta Dental of Kentucky • Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To provide support in the areas of accounts payable and payroll, financial reporting and analysis, and budgeting and forecasting.
Primary Job Responsibilities
1. Oversee the biweekly processing of payroll. Compiles employee time, payroll data and other records to maintain and prepare payroll.
2. Compiles invoices, expense reports and check requests and ensures that all have proper approvals and account codes for proper entry into PeopleSoft. Prepares check runs and ACH transactions.
3. Prepares bank and various account reconciliations and assists with monthly closings and journal entries.
4. Handles all vendor correspondence and investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices. Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons. Files, maintains and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
5. Assists with the annual budget process. Works directly with department managers to provide necessary information.
6. Analyzes, interprets and communicates cost and expense variances to management. Works with management to contain costs and forecast expenses.
7. Creates reports for management as needed in the areas of pay, benefits and financial statements and provides supporting documentation and analysis. Prepares necessary documents for Board of Director and Finance Committee meetings and reporting to outside partners.
8. Compiles and prepares information for tax and regulatory reporting filings.
9. Maintains property and equipment schedules and prepares related filings.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred, finance or related field and four years of experience with accounting and payroll. Experience with financial reporting and analysis preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Position requires strong analytical skills; experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting; the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts as well as mid to senior level management; resolve complex problems and use independent judgment.