To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elyria, OH 44035
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer 2 - 3, Product (Valves - Electronic Park Brake)
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, • Elyria, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Position Title: Engineer 2 – 3, Product (Valves Electronic Park Brake)
Reports To: Engineering Supervisor – Mechatronic Sys. & Devices
Date Last Revised: April 1, 2019
Exemption Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for the development, validation and production release of the next generation Electronic Park Brake System. Development responsibilities will include new product development to satisfy the evolving customer needs in the product line of electronic park. Production release responsibilities will include the creation of applicable specifications, test plans, drawings, and FMEAs. The position will also support engineering of the current Electronic Park Brake System.
- As part of a global product team, develop the next generation of Bendix Electronic Park Brake Systems.
- Develop product functional and technical requirements based on feedback from vehicle OEMs and users, and competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Ensure that all North American requirements (Bendix and customer) are implemented as needed.
- Insure that all requirements (customer, internal, system, design and test) are properly maintained in the requirements management system.
- Create test plans based on product requirements, oversee testing, interpret results and document testing in DVP&R.
- Author product specifications, component drawings and test specifications.
- Participate in the development of DFMEAs (including linkage activity of S/C’s and C/C’s – critical characteristics) and other safety-related analyses.
- Participate in the implementation of functional safety requirements in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Interface with advanced manufacturing engineers, quality engineering, and plant engineering to implement needed modifications to plant assembly lines and test procedures.
- Interface with plant quality to support the IPA and PPAP processes.
- Support regularly scheduled telecons with OEM customers.
- Implement design improvements to existing products within the Bendix electronic park product line, including VAVE, improvements to manufacturability and robustness, and development of new customer applications
- Analysis of End-Of-Line rejects and warranty returns; synthesis and implementation of solutions.
- Learn electronic park design techniques from current experts, capture knowledge and create documentation to maintain Bendix electronic park brake knowledge base.
- Interface with the software organization to ensure that all software requirements are properly implemented.
- Perform basic project management tasks - maintain project status and milestones; report out to management; anticipate workload, potential delays, potential problems.
- The individual will display and further develop an area of technical expertise, to be used as a “go-to” person within the engineering department for that technology or technique.
- The position includes travel to Europe and India.
- This position includes some travel to work with engineering teams at Bendix customers.
- This position may require some travel to Bendix production facilities in Mexico.
- Knowledge of vehicle braking systems preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 Total Quality processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Bendix / Knorr production processes and design practices preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standard documents such as SAE J1455 and J1113.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, environmental, electrical, and vehicle test processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAE J1939 operation and testing.
- Working knowledge of ISO 26262 preferred.
- Three years of automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry preferred.
- Product development and launch preferred, including: development of specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs, basic exposure to and interface with PPAP process; Interfacing with manufacturing engineers.
- Engineering change processes understanding is required; CAD and PLM tools and design documentation including creation and/or checking of drawings.
- Validation testing including mechanical, electrical, climatic environments with system and vehicle-level experience.
- Experience with global product development teams preferred.
- Current product support, including: statistical analysis of production data, design of experiments, component failure analysis, and maintenance of specifications, drawings, and BOMs.
- Familiar with common engineering tools (ERP – SAP, Teamcenter, CAD)
- Effective communicating with customers.
- Self-starter / self-motivating.
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, capable of maintaining schedules and communicating progress to management.
- Outstanding professional presence
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar field is required. A Master’s Degree in these fields of Engineering is preferred.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Position Requirements: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Required SkillsRequired Experience