Assists the transportation driver in providing safe and timely transportation to and from appointments
for the residents. He (she) will be available to accompany the transportation driver with each
transport of a resident. In Addition the transportation aide will assist in other trips for the facility as
deemed necessary by the supervisor, administrator or designee.
1. Loading Passengers
a. Safely load wheel chairs
b. Secure all four floor straps to the chair (both rear straps must be secured above the axle)
c. Snap the long side of the lap belt to the D-ring on the rear strap.
d. Pull shoulder adjustment strap completely out. (strap must be pulled straight out or it will
e. Place lap and shoulder belt around resident and snap short side of the lap belt to the Dring
on the rear strap.
f. Tighten lap belt
2. Unloading Passengers
a. Loosen lap belt.
b. Remove lap and shoulder belt around resident and unsnap both sides of the lap belt from
the D-ring on the rear strap. Leave lap belt attached to shoulder belt and allow it to pull
back to the van wall.
c. Loosen all four straps.
d. Unload all wheelchairs.
3. Safely transports residents utilizing appropriate mobility apparatus
4. Has all paper work ready for each appointment
5. Makes sure the resident is clean, neat, and shaved, etc
6. Has resident at the front lobby in time for the transport.
7. Stays with the resident for their appointment.
8. Provides any patient care that is required while resident is out of the facility
9. Helps safely secure resident in the van
10. Makes sure the resident has had an early breakfast tray or lunch tray when indicated
11. Assists in cleaning the van after the end of the day’s transports.
12. Works closely with the transportation driver, activity director and DOHS to maintain appointment
schedules and outside activities.
13. Theses and all other duties as specified by the supervisor or the administrator.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Certified Nursing Assistant required. Licensed as appropriate to drive the van, Must be CPR
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Trained and evaluated for proper application of safety belt/harnesses, trained and evaluated for
proper application of wheel chair safety belts.
- Certified Nursing Assistant