Health & Welfare Benefits Delivery Analyst
The Health & Welfare Benefits Delivery Analyst (BDA) will utilize their consulting, project management and domain skills to provide the best outcomes for our client, their participants and Fidelity.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience
- 3+ years of Health and Welfare benefits service experience
- 3+ years of experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of professional experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; exposure to SQL a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
The Health & Welfare Delivery Analyst is a key member of the Health & Welfare (HW) team that services Fidelity clients. The role provides for the ability to work in a growing Health & Welfare offering, access to scalable technology while continually enhancing your knowledge of the Health & Welfare benefits administration landscape.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to independently manage one’s own workload
- Regulatory and legislative knowledge in aligned service area
- Understanding of benefits administration systems
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to provide status updates and/or potential solutions
- Proven ability to deliver feedback to team members
- You have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, are detail-oriented, and possess the ability to understand complex customer needs, translate them into user stories with actionable acceptance criteria, and drive solution formulation with a cross-functional team.
- You possess excellent consultative, listening, communication, presentation, and analytical skills; you can effectively and regularly lead, facilitate, and drive individual and group meetings
- You are able to plan and execute work independently, and partner effectively to manage dependencies with others.
- You are customer-obsessed and have demonstrated a commitment to delivering frequent, high business value features
- You look for opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks to get the work done better and faster
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence, and negotiate effectively with all levels of management and peers
- You are an outstanding people manager, experienced in key talent management processes such as hiring, onboarding, goal setting, performance evaluation, and career development activities. You create an innovative, growth and results-oriented culture on your team that values and rewards associate contribution.
- You have the ability and desire to lead, direct, and empower team members without formal management authority.
The Value You Deliver
- Participating in validation and/or testing efforts to ensure results meet the client and/or product offering requirements
- Supporting escalations for our clients and/or individual benefits eligible participants
- Partnering with Health & Welfare Benefit Delivery Managers to define client specific configurable variations to support a client plan and/or administrative requirements
- Performing root cause analysis to determine gaps or trends for continuous improvement opportunities
- Developing reports to meet client plan rules and/or resolve issues
- Configuring our system for a project based on client requirements
- Supporting service requests generated by client(s) and/or our participant services organization on behalf of the participant
- Submitting requests and/or assisting with translation of business requirements to technology partners, as applicable
- Creating training material and reference material for participant services
- Assisting and coaching the broader virtual team
- Leading smaller scope external and internal change activity
- Engaging in and/or leading ongoing courses to support continued personal development
- Mitigating impediments that may impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Supporting and/or leading deployment, business readiness, and solution enablement, e.g., web content specifications, user procedure writing, creation and delivery of user training.
- Communicating externally with stakeholders to ensure teams are building the right product to meet customer needs, communication status and buffers team from potential distractions.
- Accountable for the engagement, performance, growth, and contribution of the team of 8-10 business analysis professionals that you manage.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity’s healthcare administrative services are backed by the service, trust, and experience that have helped Fidelity become America's Retirement Leader. With over 20 years of experience in Health & Welfare administration, we are utilizing our experience to bring health and wealth together to drive better outcomes for our clients. In this role, you will be uniquely positioned to deliver the service to achieve those goals.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.