Service Technician (Tucson, AZ):
Auto Safety House is seeking a Service Technician to work in a high volume shop performing bumper to bumper diagnostics, service, repair, adjustments, and testing of buses and heavy duty trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diesel engine - Repair, diagnostic, rebuilding and general repair including Cummins, Caterpillar, Mercedes.
- Heavy duty brakes - Complete understanding of air brake systems, including repair and rebuild of system.
- Electrical diagnosis - Must have extensive electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities, understanding of multiplexing is a plus
- Air Conditioning - general understanding of air conditioning installation, trouble shooting and repair is a plus
- Transmission- Allison diagnostic and minor repair
- Ford-GM medium duty diesel engine diagnostic and repair
- Heavy duty suspension air and spring suspension trouble shooting and repair
- Heavy duty alignment theory and repair techniques
- All other duties assigned
- 5 years' experience with hydraulics
- 5 years' experience in automotive electrical and lighting systems
- 5 years' experience in medium or heavy duty truck repair (bumper to bumper)
- Valid Driver License (required)
- Clean driving record (preferred)
- CDL a plus
- Must be self-starter
- Must have own hand tools
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive wages and benefits. AAP/EPE/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.