BAE Systems is seeking a candidate interested in software development to support the US Navy’s Air Traffic Control (ATC) Landing Systems program, joining a team that develops upgrades for a landing system installed on Navy aircraft carrier vessels. The place of work is in a research and test facility at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, MD.
We seek Computer Engineers as the main software runs on embedded computer devices which are not always attached to graphic user displays. The position will require skills to interface with special purpose electronics and computer boards. Will be required to develop software in C and C++ languages. Other tasking may involve creating Windows applications programmed in C++ or C# using Visual Studios and creating applications using LabWindows and MATLAB.
The selected engineer will be challenged to perform the following tasks and present his or her solutions for review:
• Design, develop, and modify software programmed in C and C++. These applications may not have graphic user displays, and the Computer Engineer must be capable of verifying software operation by collecting and analyzing data in Excel or MATLAB; must be capable of reading computer board specifications and using signal measurement tools such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
• Design and develop applications programmed in C++ and C# for Windows and embedded OS platforms, using Visual Studio, LabWindows, and other C++ development environments. These applications include Graphic User Interface design.
• Research modern technology such as computer boards and embedded devices to make recommendations for engineering changes. Component research requires an understanding of electrical interfaces and how to read electrical and computer specifications.
• Travel approximately twice a year for two weeks per trip to certify landing systems (potential locations are Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, the State of Washington, Japan; and underway at-sea). Travel requires ability to carry up to 25 lbs. of equipment.Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering from an accredited schoolRequired Skills and Education
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering from an accredited schoolPreferred Skills and Education
• Demonstrated experience performing engineering analyses
• Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
• Ability to carry equipment up to 25 lbs. and spend up to 7 days at sea (approximately twice per year)
• Strong grasp of object-oriented programming fundamentalsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
• Experience with Visual Studio
• Experience selecting a micro-computer or other embedded devices for a specific application
• Experience targeting Linux systems
• Experience developing Ethernet protocols and programming network switches or routers
• Attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Use Programming Language