Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To safely maintain the physical railway track within a specific territory in accordance with guidelines set forth by the FRA and Canadian Pacific.
- Track maintenance and renewal work;
- Uses hand tools and small machines and may be called upon to operate large track renewal equipment;
- Standing, lifting, squatting for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift tools and equipment of 50lbs or greater.
- Must be able to travel and have adequate transportation;
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations and perform tasks in accordance with those rules;
- CDL license or in the process of obtaining one is preferred;
- Mechanical and welding experience is desirable;
- Must be able to perform physically strenuous work outdoors in all types of weather;
- Available to respond to emergent conditions 24/7/365;
- Abnormal working hours and times, may change per the collective bargaining agreement;
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Upon completion of the probationary period, you may bid into other positions that become available within the Maintenance-of-Way department. A few examples include:
- Track Laborer: $17.69/hr-$20.81/hr
- Machine Operator A: $23.94/hr
- Welder: $24.35/hr
- Track Inspector: $25.07/hr
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Last 7 Years employment history
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Rigging (Sailing Ship)
Repairing (Computer Systems)