**We are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for the qualified new hire.**
Our Service Manager oversees the overall appearance and maintenance needs of our apartment community. As a leader, this position will collaborate with the Property Manager. The Service Manager must maintain the overall curb appeal; supervise the maintenance staff; coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform general maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
At least three or more years’ of hands-on property building maintenance experience is desired; specifically Apartment Maintenance is preferred. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. ACM Certified preferred and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) licenses may be required based on the property’s needs. This position is on-call and responds to after hour emergencies. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed. Our residents will enjoy your friendly personality as you diligently work to make their home a beautiful place to live.
This position is located at Bayside Apartments which is located in Pinole, CA. This opportunity also comes with a fully compensated apartment unit.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Perform, schedule and supervise maintenance repairs throughout the property including the common area amenities, resident occupied units and vacant units in preparation for new resident move-ins.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property service team.
- Collaborate with the Property Manager to coordinate the move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion of all repairs in preparation for all new residents.
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Manage open service repair requests through Yardi.
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful staff.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
- On-call responsibilities to respond to after hour emergencies. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
What you can bring to the role:
- Three or more years of apartment maintenance experience. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- High level of skill in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Your strong technical skills identifying and diagnosing maintenance issues.
- Track record leading and directing a successful maintenance team.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to our customer. Our residents will take notice and appreciate your detail on a daily basis.
- Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once while remaining detailed and well organized.
What is required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- EPA Certification, Type I & II.
- CPO Certification (Pool), as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to after hour emergencies.