True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Representative/ Generalist
who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making & team work. In this role you will support all aspects of our brand new, state of the art, high-volume, multi-shift, Regional Distribution Center (RDC) being built in Wilkes Barre, PA.
The Human Resources Representative/ Generalist is a pro-active professional who provides human resources support to exempt and non exempt associates of the Regional Distribution Center; including such areas as hiring and orientation, processing and coordination of benefits, HRIS, record keeping, training and compliance requirements. Provides advice and recommendations to the General Operations Manager and other members of the management team in HR related areas, assists in promoting positive morale and welfare for the associates of the RDC, and is readily available to the associates of the RDC for assistance in areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation, safety and compliance.
The Human Resources Representative/ Generalist performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Development, oversight and implementation of the facility's recruitment and retention strategies. Partner with Management Team for ongoing review of staff structure and hiring needs. Handle full-cycle recruitment for all positions within the facility. Utilize multiple recruiting sources to find qualified candidates. Develop and execute orientation procedures to ensure timely and effective assimilation of new associates.
- Advise management on the interpretation and application of human resources policies, procedures, programs, and employment law requirements as they pertain to associate selection, hiring, training, development, discipline and termination. Coach supervisors/managers on all issues related to associate management.
- Work with associates and managers to ensure the fair and consistent interpretation and application of organizational policies and procedures. Conduct investigations into allegations of discrimination, harassment and misconduct. Provide associates general assistance with policy interpretation, benefit questions, and other associate concerns. Foster a positive work atmosphere within the RDC by taking a leadership role in associate groups, events and incentive programs.
- Serve as primary facility contact for FMLA/Leaves of Absence, Workers Compensation and Unemployment.
- Assist the management team with the identification, assessment, and selection of future leaders through established procedures and practices. Schedule and/or assign safety training topics to ensure all OSHA-required training is completed each year. Facilitate external training as needed.
- Post announcements, regulatory requirements in compliance with all True Value Company, State, Federal and OSHA specifications.
- May supervise hourly, non-exempt staff.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years previous experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of HR operations, processes and best practices.
- Computer skills, especially knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Previous experience in large scale start up operations is a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Prior experience with an ATS and HRIS is desired.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to demonstrate personal flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and move forward during change.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback.
- High professional standards regarding customer service, integrity, and confidentiality.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993