To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Manager (Roanoke, Virginia, US)
Ardagh Group • Roanoke, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for all aspects of the maintenance planning and implementation in the manufacturing facility. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, training, development of maintenance procedures. In addition, the maintenance manager is responsible for all aspects of the computer-based maintenance system. This manager is expected to establish and manage programs to ensure maximum operational results to support the business plan and compliance with all legal requirements. Provides direct supervision of technical / skilled-trade employees.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all maintenance programs to ensure maximum capacity of operations and compliance.
- Constructs, plans, executes and documents effective general and preventive / predictive maintenance schedules.
- Supervises major breakdown repair situations.
- Supervises, develops and coordinates the training of maintenance personnel on all concepts of maintenance, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical.
- Provides leadership, direction, performance management and development of employees with emphasis on team work and problem-solving.
- Effectively manage, direct and support all Safety initiatives ensuring that all employees have the information and tools to operate safely.
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in spoilage, labor utilization, safety, efficiency, manufacturing operations, cost reductions, etc.
- Interface with production planning to ensure proper scheduling and staffing.
- Work closely with Production Management and Quality on continuous improvement projects and root cause problem solving.
- Work with Human Resources to address and resolve personnel issues.
- Effectively manage labor costs, including overtime management.
- Review and approve or react to reports, requests, etc. to support a safe, cost effective, quality operation.
- Internal and external communications and support as needed, 24 hours a day to ensure proper operation of every aspect of the operation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations
- Able to solve complex problems outside of normal processes
- Excellent management / leadership aptitude
- Strong analytical, computer (MS Office, CAD) and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics / prints.
- Development and implementation of preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Demonstrated experience utilizing computer-based maintenance systems
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or Manufacturing Management with Minimum of 5 (five) years of management experience in a manufacturing operation – OR 10+ years equivalent experience in like role with like skills, competencies and experience.
- Supervisory & Leadership Experience
- Must have experience with metal food and specialty packaging (can manufacturing) equipment
- Hands on experience with Maintenance Systems & Programs
- Experience with manufacturing improvement methods implementation
- Experience with SPC and related quality improvement tools
- High speed manufacturing experience.
- Experience with self-directed work forces a plus
- Working knowledge of TPM
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.