PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO Phone number blocked - click to apply FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Medical Technician. As an Emergency Medical Technician, you will respond to 911 calls and administer appropriate medical care; complete detailed medical reports, as applicable; follow up with patient care; conduct foot and/or vehicle patrols of designated areas; watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Respond to 911 calls and administer appropriate medical care
- Complete detailed medical reports, as applicable
- Follow up with patient care
- Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license in the State of employment
- Must possess a current and valid driverâs license in the State of employment
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment:Â Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity:Â Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties:Â Standing, running, walking, and sitting.Â Stooping or kneeling required often.
Emergency Medical Services