As an Operations Applications Engineer at Permasteelisa North America, you will be challenged by the unique nature of every project we create. You will be a key member on multiple project teams that inspire passion, embrace quality, pursue growth, deliver on commitment and work with respect. If you are the right candidate for this position, you will use your engineering background to design, test and implement mechanical solutions across various departments and teams.
The Company: In less than two decades, Permasteelisa North America has become North America’s leading Contractor in the engineering, project management, manufacturing and installation of architectural envelopes. These products change the skylines of cities and become the focus of famous photographs on magazine covers. Find more information on the company at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Application Engineer or by visiting our LinkedIn page at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Application Engineer
The goal of this position is to create a bridge between design, engineering, project management, and manufacturing departments. Time will be spent enhancing communication and collaboration between departments by analyzing the project from a holistic point of view.
The primary elements of this role include supporting the following activities:
Tendering – Participate in the initial project design which includes: logistics, schedule, sequence and design.
System Design - Provide feedback to the design team related to the feasibility and constructability of the system design. Design details to improve system functionality.
Mockups – Participate in various project mockup activities, providing support to the operations teams through planning, testing, and adapting of the unique project logistics and execution strategies including crating, rigging, and installation techniques. Assist project and operations teams in the implementation of necessary corrective actions via post-mockup review and actions.
Shop Drawing and Production Engineering – Participate in regular operations design coordination meetings and actions to support constructability and method planning for production and site installation process.
Custom Equipment Design – Identify areas on the project where there are ergonomic or material handling issues. Develop, design and test custom equipment designs such as: monorails, scaffold systems, and various other material handling equipment.
QA / QC – Design fixtures and procedures to verify product quality before and after curtain wall installation.
Manufacturing – Model curtain wall assembly sequence to ensure assembly feasibility. Offer design suggestions to improve manufacturing efficiency. Review and design crating for various types of curtain wall.
Site – Assist the field team by modeling installation scenarios that are used for internal and external communication. Assist in the selection of equipment and design custom solutions to resolve issues that the field team encounters.
Process Improvement & Standardization – Assist operations and executive management in operational improvements. These initiatives are aimed to improve safety, quality, and budget performance across PNA’s operations and project portfolio.
- Diploma, Degree or Post Graduate qualification in an Engineering major (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred), or equivalent experience within construction or manufacturing industries.
- Fluent in Microsoft Suite and a demonstrated ability to 3D model, with an aptitude to learn any required Permasteelisa in-house software
- No previous experience required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work with others at all levels of management; flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, self-motivated; ability to recognize the need for confidentiality; willingness to travel (minimal)
- Basic modeling and manufacturing understanding. Ability to develop logistic/mechanical solutions using various software packages. (Inventor, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and teams at one time.
PNA is committed to workplace diversity and is an AA/EEO employer. The company participates in E-Verify.
Product Quality Assurance