To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Firestone, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
DentalOne Partners • Firestone, CO
Posted 4 days ago
If you want to build a successful career as a Hygienist Assistant, you need to be part of a growing, successful dental practice. At DentalOne Partners, you’ll join one of the biggest names in dentistry and you’ll find a commitment that is second to none. Our goal is to help you do what you do best - provide outstanding patient care while supporting the Hygienist. If you share our commitment to excellence, you can share in a future that is filled with potential. Your talent will help us continue to shape the future of Dentistry, one patient at a time.
Purpose: The Hygiene Assistant's (HA) primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide complete assistance to the Hygienist. The HA has direct responsibility for patient's excellent experience and the patient retention while in the chair.Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; make the patient the #1 priority; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the Hygienist with procedures as necessary, including:
o take directions from Hygienist
o anticipate Hygienist's needs
o take, develop and mount accurate and high quality x-rays
o various laboratory duties
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain Hygienist's schedule and patient flow; create 'no patient wait time;' maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to Hygienist's arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe Hygienist's notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market the company's services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Partner with doctors, hygienists, Office Leaders and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient's chart.
- Enter proposed treatment in PV2020
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Complete checklists as assigned.
Non Essential Functions:
- Assist the doctor(s) with dental procedures as necessary
- Clean and prepare hygiene operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Monitor level of hygiene supplies and order as assigned by Office Leader using approved formulary.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Current radiography certification required
- Dental Assistant certification strongly preferred, as required by state; ability to become certified
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred (if required by state practice act)
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and anticipation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs as required
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet