To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Principal Software Engineer (Direct Hire)
CRG • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NOTE: U.S. Citizens, GC, EAD and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
No Third Parties. No OPT No H1B
Under general supervision of the Software Engineering Director and collaborating with the Software Engineering Manager, the Supply Chain Principal Software Engineer is a full-stack engineer with a deep understanding of design patterns, architectural principals and engineering techniques required to develop large horizontally scalable applications. A principal engineer leads talented engineers to solve the biggest technical challenges using their experience gained over years of solution building. Principal engineers adapt their techniques based on new learning and technology evolution. Once a principal engineer has solved a technical challenge, they love embedding themselves with an engineering team to help them deliver practical business solutions, taking the design from scalable prototype to primary production code base. In cases where platforms developer scalability or complex production issues a principal engineer isolates the root cause of the issues, rapidly implements a short-term or long-term solution and defines the work required to permanently improve the platform. Principal engineers have a deep understanding of the SDLC and are key to continuous process improvement, setting patterns, standards, processes and procedures.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment with strong SDLC knowledge
- 12 or more years work related experience, B.S. in computer science or information systems fields required
- Significant experience in large scalable solutions serving large numbers of public users
- Expertise with Microsoft technologies and Azure
- 8 or more years of experience in enterprise application development in the .NET environment
- 5 or more years of experience with database development in the MS SQL Server 2008R2+ platform specifically: T-SQL, stored procedures and optionally data warehousing, ETL, SSIS, SSRS
- Deep understanding of object orientation and familiarity with classical design patterns
- Deep experience with ADO.NET/ORMs (e.g. Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Strong understanding of network and infrastructure
- Experience with complex hybrid solutions, hosted in private and public cloud (DNS, Load Balancing, IIS, Windows Server, SSL, Security Contexts, basic firewall and networking concepts)
- Strong experience with Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) / WCF and RESTful Patterns and Concepts/Api Design Fundamentals
- Strong experience with Dependency Injection and unit testing (e.g. Unity, Ninject, AutoFac)
- Experience with source control systems and tools, including Git, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with data persistence solutions other than RDBMS (Key/Value Stores, Document DBs, BLOB/Object Storage)
- Experience with caching techniques (eviction, patterns like cache-aside, aspect-injection, tools/vendor selection)
- Experience with mobile development platforms
Category Code: JN008