PowerStop is the innovative leader in the auto aftermarket brake market. Working for PowerStop means joining a company that is turning the industry on its head. Come be a part of a brand experiencing incredible growth and know you will have the ability to make an immediate impact as part of our team. We are constantly on the lookout for people to join the PowerStop family who are passionate, results-oriented and possess the ambition and energy to help us succeed! Ideal candidates also have a love for cars, and a desire to learn the industry as well as put a little mud on the tires!
We are seeking a Data Analyst
to join our team at our location in Bedford Park, IL.
PowerStop offers competitive wages and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a company-matched 401(k), paid-time-off and more.
This data analyst will be responsible for gathering data from various sources across our business, analyzing it in Excel or SSMS and translating the result in a straightforward way into PowerBI or Excel. They will also be contributing to the development and maintenance of the data warehouse. Some side tasks include ad hoc reporting for business units and proving theories of process or logic errors within our systems using data analytics.
- Communicate and collaborate with business departments throughout PowerStop to assess data needs.
- Provide reporting and analysis to internal employees and business units.
- Build data visualization in PowerBI.
- Support the business with ad hoc reporting using Microsoft Excel.
- Work with a variety of data sources within our organization such as our POS, WMS, etc.
- Work closely with operations to document business processes.
- Help form data management process and standard best practices within the data analytics team.
- Help develop, enhance, and integrate data warehouse and analytical data infrastructure solutions.
- Design, build and test processes to ensure a high level of data quality.
- Understand the business and how various data elements are utilized.
- Organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Develop strong understanding of our business drivers.
- Offer insight to all aspects of the organization such as purchasing, inventory, accounting, operations.
- BA or BS in statistic, math, computer science, physics or other technical related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing.
- Experience with SQL Server (Preferred: SSMS).
- Experience with data visualization tools (Preferred: Microsoft PowerBI).
- Experience with at least one more language: R, Pything, C#, Javacript a plus but not expected.
- Excellent presentation, writing and Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs.
- Self-starter and critical thinker.
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Critical Thinking
- Data Management