$1,000 sign-on bonus for qualified individuals
Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Job Title: Plumbing Mechanic
Reports to: Plumbing Manager
A Plumbing Mechanic works day-to-day on assigned plumbing tasks. Provides guidance and direction to apprentices/helpers working under him/her. Ensures job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project. Interacts with upper management and other trades to build lasting relationships. Creates the type of positive environment that works to maintain a sufficient and qualified work force. Reports to the cognizant foreman and operates under specific supervision in all types of weather conditions, frequently working at heights, using equipment, in a safe and professional manner.
- Layout, assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, equipment, and fixtures of heating, cooling, domestic water, air, drainage systems, and gas according to company standards, specifications, and plumbing or mechanical code
- Test pipes and fixtures using water and air to detect deficiencies
- Safely measure, cut, thread, glue, solder, braze, and slope pipes composed of various materials
- Install hangers and supports for all plumbing systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- 3-5 years’ light commercial and/or residential experience in field plumbing operations; or, equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Extensive knowledge of all plumbing systems installation
- Ability to fabricate offsets
- Safe working knowledge of all hand and power tools
- Able to do basic take offs
- Able to install equipment
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Responsible for trade specific hand tools
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be available, and have the means to report to multiple job sites as assigned, to include working varying schedules that may require extended hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) and require client-specific safety standards
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold and dampness
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/high noise levels
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- May require travel (typically not overnight)
- Prior military experience
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive benefits, for more information check out our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Plumber Mechanic - Service/Special Projects on our website.
At this time, Atlantic Constructors, Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization (work visas) for any position.
Atlantic Constructors, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like an accommodation or any assistance in order to apply for a job, please call 1-877-WRK-4ACI for assistance, or fax your requested accommodation to
804-523-8781. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as an offer of employment or a binding contract of employment for a specific period of time. Employment can be terminated by either the employee or the employer at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.