Ledgent is looking for an Accountant to work for our client in Tampa, Fl.
Manages daily operation in accounting for their subsidiary. Prepares financial reports assists in the Fiscal Budget process.Major Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day management of general accounting (including accounts payable; cash; payroll and investments)
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries; financial statements; comparative analysis and monthly account reconciliation.
- Generates timely financial reports for monthly distribution.
- Maintains financial reports and records.
- Provides information for internal and external requests (regulatory agencies; industry; third party payers)
- Assists in the preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets.
- Provides support services for general accounting; accounts payable; cash management and corporate accounting.
- Assists in the education and interpretation of financial information.
- Assists in preparation and execution of independent audit (both financial and federal regulatory).
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years' experience
- Previous experience working within a large organization
- Expert level knowledge with MS Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles