To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Specialist
Child Care Resource Center • Sacramento, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family, and community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission’s success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 700 people strong and growing! You could play a key role supporting Government Relations!
Under direct supervision of the Director of Government Relations, the Government Relations Specialist provides support and analysist to the department on current public policy and administrative issues. In addition, they perform professional administrative support including scheduling and coordinating appointments and meetings; preparing and modifying documents, reports and other correspondence; assisting with special projects and campaigns; and coordination of shared office space and maintaining external contacts lists and department information.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include the Ability to
- Coordinates and provides tracking and analysis on legislation and budget proposals which impact programs and services provided by CCRC. Attends public hearings and meetings to gather information related to public policy and regulatory implementations and briefs appropriate CCRC Leadership. Under supervision of the Director of Government Relations creates and sends correspondence related to proposed legislation and CCRC agency positions 25%
- Accurately schedules, updates and calendars meetings with Capitol staff and members, partner associations and state agencies. Maintains contact lists within identified timelines. This includes routinely checking for accuracy of all required fields, entering new information as received, deleting obsolete information, and calling to check for additional information when it is incomplete. 20%
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Government Relations and department staff including email/written correspondence, photocopying, online searches, etc. 20%
- Assists in internal and external agency meetings, outreach and events including annual Board Day at the Capitol, partner advocacy events and regular outreach and education to elected officials. 25%
- Support government relations initiatives and completion of office related processes as assigned, such tasks include: 10%
- BA Degree Required plus two years of relevant public policy or public agency experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to prioritize work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail and strong proofreading capabilities.
- Self-starter with strong collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of public policy and California State Capitol calendar and scheduling preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (typing 50+ WPM) to include knowledge of online research, web analytics and social media, advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, and database management experience.
- Valid California Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance, and clean DMV record required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to work non-traditional work schedules, which may include evenings and Saturdays.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by CCRC
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off policy- Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development, including tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We provide child development and early education, workforce development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head Start preschool and Early Head Start services, and more for close to 50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square miles.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.