PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
PACCAR is a Fortune 200 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture, and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced powertrains, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
This position will provide the ideal candidate the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with exposure to various departments within the corporate headquarters and personnel throughout organization. The position will directly report to the account payable supervisor.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Process and review vendor invoices entered by the AP Specialist.
• Process expense reports for the Corporate Division, including researching inquiries, providing guidance on coding and ensuring compliance with company procedures.
• Review SAP purchase orders GL account codes, tax codes, and approval flow paths.
• Research and assist with resolving discrepancies between purchase orders, receipts, and invoices. (GR/IR discrepancy report)
• Review weekly checks runs and ACH payments.
• Prepare month-end journal entries and accounts reconciliations on various key accounts, PACCAR Foundation and the Paul Pigott Scholarship Fund.
• Prepare timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports for internal management including updating and publishing weekly AP KPIs dashboards.
• Prepare cross-charges to other PACCAR entities.
• Responsible for the accounting of PC purchase, tuition reimbursements, corporate credit card and relocation programs.
• Coordinate various year-end projects such as 1099’s and sensitive payment audits.
• Perform other special projects or tasks as assigned, including assisting with ad hoc management reporting, assisting with internal/external audit requests, and assisting with internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley testing or reviews.
Qualifications & Skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; including effective written and verbal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and computer skills in Excel (i.e. pivot tables, macros, charts and graphs) and data analytic tools (i.e. tableau, etc.).
• Problem solver with ability to work independently and self-motivated, handling multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
• Positive attitude and “can-do” approach to issue resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration
• 2 + years of relevant accounts payable experience.
PACCAR offers comprehensive benefits from time of hire through retirement for vested employees and their families. As a U.S. Salaried PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Flexible spending accounts and health savings account
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 5%
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- 12 paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an eVerify and Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.