Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Looking for a business analyst/Product owner in the Enabling Capabilities (EC) team. The position will handle product owner responsibilities for Risk and quality Prospective Product team for provider and payer enablement capabilities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to gather, analyze and define business requirements
- Document and communicate business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise, recognize and analyze gaps between current situation and desired outcome and utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider solutions and deliver the solution
- Understand, interpret and develop product business models, including value propositions and desired business benefits
- Conduct business, functional, technical, and data analysis to define product requirements for all aspects of healthcare applications including mapping, data schema definition, data verification, data quality, data load, end to end flows, UAT and testing
- Ability to engage matrix partner teams (Technology, Facilities, Operations, Training, Reporting Product, Quality, Legal, Regulatory, etc.) to effectively deliver on each project
- Design and build recommended business and operations solutions and process improvement through analysis of regulatory requirements and implementation of proposed designs using agile and other methodologies
- Ensure prompt escalation of challenges/issues that will impact the business and initiative delivery
- Good health care knowledge and understanding of Risk and Quality health care business
- Write detailed Features and user stories within a agile framework
- Primary point of contact for Business teams and engineering teams on product features build
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent exp in business, technology, management, statistics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years demonstrable experience working as a Business Analyst (or similar role) with Product owner experience in healthcare operations
- 4+ years working with stakeholders, partners and gathering requirements
- 3+ year Agile Methodology and Tools experience
- Proven analytic skills, troubleshooting issues, and providing recommendations to upper management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with cross - functional teams and the ability to bridge gaps in understanding, and moving the team towards a common delivery
- Experience in current technology, databases, technical solutioning, working with SQL, understanding relational databases and data structures within healthcare setting
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare and product owner experience on UI application
- Project management experience
- Exposure to Relational databases, Big Data, Hive, Microservices and UI technologies
- Experience working within an analytics platform running certified quality and/or risk rules
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a concise and clear manner
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product owner, product manager, business analyst, BA, agile, SQL, relational databases, healthcare, project management, telecommute, MN, relational database, Big Data, Hive, Microservices, UI technology, Eden Prairie, Minnesota