To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Valdosta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Acadia-Healthcare • Valdosta, GA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The HIM Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that customers receive appropriate, timely and accurate health information about the services provided by physicians’ and other allied health related persons. Coordinator will apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to patient health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing.
- Pulls charts for audits, internal and external.
- Make out a bill for copying of record, get receipt from BOD if cash.
- Print dictation off Mercedes system
- Ask physicians to fill in blanks.
- File dictation on charts
- Re-route charts as needed to next physician
- File record in storage shelves when complete
- Order supplies after directors’ approval, keep floors supplied.
- Contact director of physician deficiencies.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns ICD-10-CM codes.
- Queries physicians’ when code assignment is not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear.
- Make a copy of all queries and file with AHIMA query practice.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Brings identified concerns to HIM director for resolution.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical coding as set forth by the AHIMA and adheres to Official Coding Guidelines.
- Answers phone requests.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Call SRM for off-site storage requests.
- Be familiar with HIM P & P’s
- Memorize emergency codes and be familiar with TJC handout and HIPAA rules.
- Abide by HIPPA, Infection Control, Zero Tolerance and Abuse Neglect and Environment of Care policies and Procedures