To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor, Maintenance San Diego
PAE • San Diego, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Supervisor, Maintenance San Diego
Job Title: Site Supervisor –
Reports to: CBP- Site Manager
Salary TED with Experience
The Site Supervisor plans, directs, controls, and monitors the Aircraft Maintenance and Support Programs to ensure satisfactory completion of program objectives. Serves as a liaison between Defense Support Services (DS2), Operational Units, and the DS2 CBP team. Works for the Site Manager of CBP, Defense Support Services (DS2). Maintains a partnership with the local and all other CBP communities. Must be customer oriented. Allocates resources to meet all mission requirements. Ensures the maintenance organization is not overly tasked with augmentation duties outside maintenance functional areas. Plans and directs project execution; monitoring and reporting progress. Manages personnel assigned to TBD
Essential Job Functions
- The Maintenance Supervisor shall act as overall Manager and Administrator for the TBD and contract effort in the absence of the Site Manager.
- The Maintenance Supervisor supervises operations by developing management procedures and controls.
- Develops positive customer relationships between CBP and DS2 to achieve contract objectives.
- Maintains close contact with the PMO.
- Coordinates operational matters and maintains liaison with Government Operations.
- Interfaces with DS2 to resolve problems beyond unit’s, alternate or CRS capability.
- Devotes personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees; and provides a safe and healthful work environment.
- Establishes a close working relationship with AMO/AMI’s to ensure an understanding of the requirements and capabilities of maintenance actions.
- Communicates and cooperates in the effort to enhance the maintenance and mission capability.
- Conducts daily meetings. The meeting should include, at a minimum, any issues with executing the established flying and maintenance schedule.
- Reviews of the previous day, current day, and next day’s activities, focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success.
- Establishes a Crash Damaged or Disabled Aircraft Recovery capability.
- Approves company Operating Instructions containing specific responsibilities for all DS2 personnel IAW DS2 Quality Plan.
- Ensures effective management of the Foreign Object Damage (FOD) Program and the Dropped Object Prevention (DOP) program.
- Directs and Supervises the DS2 Team at the site.
- Provides guidance and direction to the DS2 management staff.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of all assigned personnel by establishing duties required to accomplish the maintenance mission.
- Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline.
- Interviews prospective employees and assists in the selection of new employees.
- Recommends and initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Takes the actions necessary to ensure that all personnel training, certification, and re-certification requirements are met.
- Responsible for DS2 sites operating budget.
- Reviews and approves project costs and expenditures.
- Identifies, studies, and implements cost saving initiatives where applicable.
- Practices and promotes the principles of the Quality Management Program to include all QPP’s.
- Approves Special Certification Appointments.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- The Site Supervisor shall have six years management and supervisory experience within the last ten years, in the performance and execution of Government contracts. Within the six years management experience, at least one year shall be in technical program/project work related to aircraft maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree desired with graduate work in Logistic Management/Civil Aviation or equivalent military experience.
- Must have extensive, thorough knowledge of the CBP aviation maintenance concepts and procedures.
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to handle extremely complex administrative, organizational, and aircraft maintenance matters.
- Must demonstrate communicative, managerial, and organizational skills necessary to effectively manage site operations.
- Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to qualify for a SECRET security clearance, and acquire CBI-BI limited to full access.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
Applicants must submit a resume that documents their experience in for the following:
- Total number of months Management and supervisory experience.
- Total number of months Management and supervisory experience in the performance and execution of Government contracts.
- Total number of months with CBP aviation maintenance concepts and procedures.
- Type (Degree of Certificates) and total years of education and or training
- Total years of MS office experience
- Total months/years of company seniority.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.