At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet. POSITION TITLE
Hybrid - Remote/New York City, NYOVERVIEW
The Marine Division is a highly collaborative team. With a group of design specialists and full-time underwater inspectors, we offer a special skillset to achieve client preferences.
As a Project Engineer, the incumbent will be assisting a highly professional engineering team that provides consulting services to clients around the world. The principal function of this position is to oversee, and occasionally be part of a team that evaluates marine structures. The Senior Project Engineer will direct and lead team members in the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required, and be responsible for developing Junior Engineers.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership in the marine structures, port, geotechnical and under water discipline; • Serve as a technical manager on large, complex waterfront, marine and structural engineering projects, and programs.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the engineering groups and multi-discipline design/engineering jobs.
- Analyze deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities.
- Solve various engineering problems and challenges.
- Prepare plans, designs, drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates.
- Provide engineering assessments, opinions, and services as required.
- Develop rehabilitation design packages for marine structures.
- Prepare engineering reports and other technical documents; and
- Serve as an expert on waterfront structural design.
- BS degree or higher in Structural, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering.
- 5-8 years previous related experience.
- PE License.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience on infrastructure and facilities projects, with particular emphasis on inspection and design of waterfront, coastal and maritime structures including piers, wharves, bulkheads, seawalls, fendering, bridges, shorelines, floating structures, and port terminals.
- Experience as a design structural engineer working with concrete, steel, masonry, and timber with an understanding of the corresponding design Codes and Specifications.
- Experience in lead design roles for waterfront projects.
- Ability to independently produce condition reports, designs drawings, estimates and technical specifications
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Cost Modelling