Assists in the operation, maintenance and control of the City of Yukon Water and Wastewater system, including potable water system, wells, Water storage facilities, booster stations
wastewater treatment facilities, sludge disposal system, sewer lift stations and the certified lab to
ensure safe, economical and efficient operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Inspects the water system for proper operations and maintains records of the amount of water that is pumped.
- Records the amount of chemicals used.
- Checks meters, gauges, pumps, and control panels to verify correct operation of equipment and records information.
- Performs lab duties for water/wastewater facilities which include: Sampling for BOD’s, total solids, total suspended solids, Ph’s, ammonia, nitrates, chlorine residual, fluoride, fecal coliform, bact’s, sludge levels, dissolved oxygen, bio-monitoring and temperatures.
- Operates and maintains pumps, control panels, chlorinators, and chemical feed pumps. Inspects lift stations for proper operation of motors and pumps.
- Monitors and repairs plant equipment including cleaning and servicing final clarifiers and performing annual inspections.
- Records daily flow of influent, effluent, waste and return sludge.
- Maintains well vault structures and water towers.
- Operates Bio-Solids equipment on a daily basis.
- Records dissolved oxygen levels at various locations in the facilities.
- Sample Bio-Solids for sludge disposal.
- Maintains and operates sludge thickening equipment.
- Obtains certified sludge disposal according ODEQ specifications.
- Attends safety meetings and follows safety precautions according to OSHA standards.
- Runs quality control tests for lab certification.
- Maintains back-up generators.
- Sludge judges primary and final clarifiers daily.
- Performs daily testing of influent and effluent as required by the MPCA and adjust process controls accordingly.
- Logs completed daily maintenance.
- Cleans influent and bar screens daily.
- Assists in reading of electrical and water meters and the maintenance of water meters.
- Attends training as necessary.
- Performs grounds maintenance that includes mowing, weed-eating and edging all plant grounds, water towers, lift stations and wells. Performs preventative maintenance of all plant equipment and vehicles.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of two years experience in water/wastewater field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical training is desired.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives, PLC’s, lab equipment. Extensive maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of general plumbing and electrical, and various styles of pumps.
- General knowledge of computer operations and software programs.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, be on call and respond to calls during non-work hours.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Oklahoma Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or eligibility to be licensed.
- Must be capable of passing Respirator Fit Test and utilize the buddy system while working with hazardous chemicals.
- CPR / First Aid Certification.
- “C” Water/Wastewater Operator and Laboratory licenses.
Operate Plant Equipment
Repair Mechanical Equipment