ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Level III certified; appropriately trained and experienced in Non-Destructive Examination methods including Eddy Current (ET), (MT) Magnetic Particle, (PT) Liquid Penetrant, (RT) Radiography, (UT) Ultrasonic Testing and other industrial inspection methods with the ability to be dispatched on most job applications commonly requested by ALS-AIT clients.
- Set-up and calibrate equipment
- Eddy Current Data Analysis
- Project Management
- Conduct examinations with appropriate NDE Technique
- Interpret, evaluate, and document results
- Set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and upkeep jobsite
- May direct the work of trainees and/or Level I personnel
- May assist in the development and implementation of NDE applications used in the field
- May assist with written procedures in conjunction with and approved by a Level III Technician
- Travel as needed to various jobsite locations both in and out of state; sometimes overseas
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and safety policies
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and be able to perform job duties with little or no assistance
- Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents
- Must be computer literate and be able to write comprehensive reports
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access via drug screen & background check preferred
- High School graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-2 years’ experience in major NDE technique with some specific advanced training
- Ability to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass a background check and preferably already possess a TWIC card and valid passport
The job is subject to various weather conditions both inside and outside environments in various industries such as nuclear site, petrochemical and oil refineries. There may be some confined spaces work and working at heights. Conditions are often very hot and dirty.
Must be in good physical condition to deal with the stress of working under the adverse work conditions described above. Candidate cannot have a fear of heights or tight spaces. Physical and visual activities include standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stepping, crawling, reaching, twisting, bending, handling, and laying on back as needed. Duties often include carrying heavy equipment (>50 lbs) far distances, up, and down multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to support own weight in roped safety harness. Able to work 40-60 hours a week. May be required to drive a company vehicle pulling a trailer to and from job sites.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Magnetic Particle Inspections
Dye Penetrant Inspection
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Twic) Card