* Supervise the children, group, and all activities as assigned while exhibiting safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate childcare practices.
* Provide daily care for children including diapering, toileting, feeding, and supporting social/emotional needs.
* Encourage, engage and support children in all classroom activities including instructional times, mealtimes, transitions, and gross motor activities.
* Implement positive behavior management techniques.
* Assist in planning, implementing and actively participate in daily age-appropriate group activities to ensure all children are provided an opportunity to learn.
* Education and Experience: The Babysitter must be at least 16 years of age and have some knowledge of child and infant care & age-appropriate activities.
* Must be at least four years older than any child in his or her direct care.
* Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents.
* Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children.
* Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy development.
* Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
* Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
* Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a large group of children alone in a classroom.
The YMCA of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. The Y maintains a work environment in which staff are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.
- Active Listening
- Child Care
- Positive Behavior Support