Position: Advanced Development Audio Engineer
Location: Northville, MI
Our client is a tier one supplier in the automotive industry who is looking to an Advanced Development Audio Engineer to their team. The Audio Engineer will be responsible for acquiring new business and growing current accounts.
Advanced Development Audio Engineer must have experience with Digital Signal Processing
Advanced Development Audio Engineer Requirements:
- Experience with audio digital signal processing (DSP)
- Maintaining and understanding requirements documents
- Be able to “fill in the holes” in explaining requirements to our design team
- Be able to creatively suggest additional features and requirements that a customer may want
- Support teleconference meetings with our design team in Japan (Possible travel to Japan for meetings with our design team - Limited)
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent training in Software Development with audio focus
- 2 years minimum experience in embedded or systems engineering
- Working knowledge of audio reproduction, acoustics, system performance/quality, etc.
- Working knowledge in open source Operating Systems is strongly desired (Linux, Android, etc.)
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Good written, verbal, and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound design/production is a plus
Advanced Development Audio Engineer Description:
- Coordinate with advanced development team(s) to evaluate, implement and integrate advanced audio concepts.
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept of advance audio features for demonstration internally and to customers.
- Identify compelling future technologies, strategies, and feasible implementations
- DSP Software Engineering
- Provide S/W implementation and integration support to local engineers, customers, or off site teams
- Understand, plan, and implement algorithms for audio tuning, software defined radio, active noise cancellation, and others on embedded DSPs.
- Utilize working understanding of software design specifically audio routing, mixing, filtering and tuning applications
- Assist customers in modifying/implementing audio design
- Feature Management
- Plan and communicate feature development with advanced engineering team leads
- Document and track issues, maintain the list through the life of the program
- Communicate information to assist hardware and software teams in Japan
WHO WE ARE
Choosing the Hire Road is about shared success, active and committed partnerships and relationships that last. Hire Road is solely focused on connecting highly skilled professionals with leading organizations. We are a solutions-based, results-oriented staffing company specializing in a wide range of industry specific practices. To put it simply, we recruit, screen and hire talented people for temporary and full-time positions.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Java (Programming Language)
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)