Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
The Information Security Governance, Risk & Controls Specialist supports enterprise adherence to information security controls, regulations and industry best practices by leading various initiatives to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our data and information systems assets. Additionally, you will:
- Develop, deploy and manage self-assessments and conduct risk analysis for various Information Security systems, processes and projects to ensure MGIC is prepared for and is meeting federal, state and local laws, regulatory and customer requirements (SOX, GLBA, Internal policies, etc.).
- Assess, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of the infrastructure controls with respect to the security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Facilitate SME discussions with various application owners to effectively document control design, operating effectiveness testing requirements and standards for the organization.
- Research and understand emerging IT risk factors and their impact on current control testing standards and/or documentation.
- Provide recommendation to leadership on program effectiveness and enhancements.
- Work directly with business units to identify critical data and ensure appropriate data classification and protection standards are implemented.
- Liaison between Audit and Infrastructure groups through entire audit life cycle.
- Analyze and prepare monthly reports around GRC Metrics and effectiveness testing relating to the ongoing measurement.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Management or related field plus five years’ IT and system and enterprise experience. Master's degree is preferred.
- Strong writing skills with experience in documenting test procedures and results
- Skilled in leading and coordinating work efforts of other team members to meet tactical and strategic goals
- Experience with program management and measurement through development and implementation of process efficiency and effectiveness measurements
- Ability to analyze and articulate implications of compliance requirements
- Skilled at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences and stakeholders at every level of the organization
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Effective in communication with management and senior leadership, as well as internal & external auditors
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
Governance Risk Management And Compliance
Information Technology Management