To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Windsor, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant - Insurance-Windsor-SS&C Technologies
SS&C Technologies Inc • Windsor, CT
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
Position location is at 80 Lamberton Road, Windsor, CT
Job Description:Staff Accountant responsibilitiesinclude timely and accurate accounting and reporting for assigned client portfolios.The individual is also responsible for performing the initial review of periodicpreparation and analytical analysis. The instrument scope of investmentsdeliverables through performance of control processes, trial balancesyndicated bank loans, limited partnership investments, short term investments,includes, but is not limited to, fixed income securities (including MBS, ABS), equities,and derivatives.
• Perform the processing, reconciliation, accounting and reporting functions for traditional and complex asset types Prepare and perform controls on monthly general ledgers feeds for US GAAP, STAT, IFRS and Tax, as required.
• Prepare and reconcile month end client reporting packages.
• Upload daily and monthly static and market data and perform daily data reconciliations.
• Perform daily reconciliations against multiple custodians and/or asset managers.
• Identify, research, and escalate any breaks against established counterparties.
• Perform critical self-review of work product prior to submission to client and/or supervisor.Identify inefficiencies in the current production processes and make recommendations on how to fix them.
• Address ad hoc inquiries and assist on projects.
• Document and cross-train processes.
• Liaise with clients and internal contacts on a day to day basis.
• Understanding of accounting rules for investments under US GAAP STAT, IFRS and Tax.
• Working knowledge of investment types typically utilized by insurance companies
• Minimum of a BS degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• 0-2 years of experience of investment accounting or equivalent work experience in the insurance or investment industry
• Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external contacts.
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
SS&C HAS AN EXCELLENT BENEFITS PROGRAM INCLUDING A MEDICAL AND DENTAL PLAN, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PLAN, AND 401K PLAN.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, maritalstatus, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary