Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank
has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people
— local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “2020 Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.JOB SUMMARY:
This position processes customer transactions for a variety of routine to more complex financial transactions including but not limited to check cashing, account withdrawals and deposits. Responsible to balance cash drawers, assist customers with product line information and provide a quality customer experience. Identifies and refers sales opportunities to appropriate bank personnel to meet individual and department goals in order to support the organization’s goals & values. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Relationship Building
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 months cash handling experience required.
- Minimum of 18 months previous experience in retail sales and/or financial services experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule required with ability to work during of operations, including weekends and occasional non-bank operational hours.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise a high degree of initiative.
- PC Proficiency in Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software.
- 1+ years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Exhibit consistent relationship building including, but not limited to:
- Prepare for various customer interactions
- Build rapport
- Effectively utilize and document open and closed-ended questions to understand current and future financial goals of customers
- Match customer needs to Seacoast Bank products and services
- Confidently and proficiently explain Seacoast Bank products and services to customers
- Proven ability to create and enhance relationships based on customer needs
- Ask for referrals from new and existing customers
- Exhibit good listening skills and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service.
- Quickly seek out appropriate people in more complex financial matters.
- Able to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk to bank.
- Embrace new technology and remain up to date on industry changes to create an open environment that fosters idea generation and innovation.
- Participate in community, charitable or civic events.
- Exhibit strong work ethics and teamwork, collaborating with other associates within the branch and across the organization.
- Display advanced knowledge of consumer deposit and lending products and processes.
- Exhibit high proficiency in outbound calling process.
- Be highly proficient in identifying referral opportunities with internal business partners.
- Deliver presentations regarding banking products/services through networking events.
- Be highly proficient and help lead Customer facing technology with the ability to discuss with and enroll customers in self-service products/processes.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of small business deposit products and processes including account maintenance.
- Process checks, cash and the sale of negotiable instrument transactions adhering to the banks current policies and procedures.
- Ensure branch adherence to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, dual control, security, Business Continuity, and all other regulated banking requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing and adhering to branch operational procedures and controls while communicating updates to associates. Follows up on all audit deficiencies.
- Balance cash drawer daily and monitors own work for accuracy.
- Follow instructions and responds to management direction to help resolve more difficult customer objections, and solves problems in a timely and positive manner to retain the customer relationship.
- Adhere to Seacoast Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Follow all safety and security procedures.
- Manage day to day operations of the branch (including vault responsibilities).
- Manage and updates documents for all audit and compliance requirements.
- May support Relationship Manager in operational and customer service supervisory functions in Relationship Manager’s absence.
- Provide feedback to Relationship Manager regarding coaching and development opportunities within the branch.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills. Because these statements are general, the job description is used for a variety of purposes including: job evaluations; performance appraisals; recruitment; etc.
All Associates are required to adhere to the highest legal and ethical standards applicable to our industry, while observing both the spirit and letter of all government regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Active Listening
- Business Continuity
- Business Requirements
- Conflict Management