Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Product Development Manager position will work at our technical center in NJ and is part of the Product Development - R&D Team supporting nutritional products at NBCo. Position will manage a team as needed to drive activities from innovation to commercialization and be responsible for key product development specifically with a focus on protein Bar Innovation and Formulation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading strategy and development for new and improved products, from concept to commercialization
- Ownership of multiple product development areas, such as innovation, optimization, and brand maintenance.
- Managing technical direction of projects- identifying key deliverables and next steps and communicating to team
- Independently plan, manage and complete technical programs necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems for NBCo. products that meet customer needs and are robust and reproducible.
- Manages complex business relationships with ingredient, form or process technology partner companies, contract developers and manufacturers, consultants, vendors, cross-functional departments, and outside university experts to ensure customer needs and projects are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages technical staff as needed at internal and external research, development and manufacturing sites.
- Develops and reviews intellectual property strategy and conducts patent searches, literature reviews and is current with cross industry technology insights. Understands application and benefits/costs to our product portfolio. Ensures competitive advantage through implementation of proprietary and differentiated technical solutions.
- Coordinates and influences Brand Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Supply Chain, R&D and QA as key member and activity owner on Project, Brand and Platform teams.
- 10+ years in Product Development experience in the food, dietary supplement and/or value-added consumer packaged goods industry and with continually increasing scope of responsibilities. Experience working with protein formulation, culinary expertise is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory role managing others at a functional or project level
- BS, MS, PhD in Food Science or Engineering, Chemistry, or Equivalent
- Training or certifications in Project Management, Design of Experiments or equivalent is preferred
- Proven track record of successful product implementation from concept to commercialization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to manage up and work well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic and tactical partnering with internal and external resources
- Works seamlessly in both a business and R&D environment
- Strong technical activity management in a stage-gate system is required
- Proven ability to deliver programs on time and within budget
- Ability to travel 25% + at minimum
Product Quality Assurance