To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
(CEN) Desktop Support Technician
TTEC • Austin, TX
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Desktop Support Engineer or Specialist (ITOPSSDS3)
Under general direction, the role is responsible for maintaining the desktop/ workstation environment, software distribution, security updates and second level troubleshooting. This employee acts as a lead for escalation of complex issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades, replaces and repairs computer systems hardware and computer peripherals. Act as an escalation point for complex technical and configuration issues.
• Softphone and Hard Phone Configuration and Administration.
• Monitor and Maintain Desktop Compliance such as SCCM Client Health, SEP Anti-Virus and MS Patch updates.
• Monitor and Maintain Site’s DHCP IPs ensuring each client/department has enough IP Pool, VLAN Configuration and Administration.
• Assist with implementing discovery, planning and managing projects. Act as a liaison between other departments and the Site IT group.
• Work with other IT teams during the development and deployment phase of new desktop images or software projects. Recommend method changes for processes and general group development involving new technology.
• Employee will need to provide minimal training and technical assistance to end users. Able to lead by example and act as a mentor to Desktop Support Associate Technicians.
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas vital to the success of the call center such as production application support, internal e-mail support, and quality assurance system support.
• Creating/Updating documentations like SOPs; Job Aids, FAQs, etc.
• Relevant two-year associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Superior IT support knowledge is required. Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot current desktop operating systems.
• Working knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft software applications (e.g. MS Office, etc.).
• Working knowledge of SCCM, Antivirus, TACACS, VLAN, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, network and remote administration, software deployment as well as imaging software and processes.
• High attention to detail in planning, reporting and execution of assigned work and must be proactive in resolving issues or developing better work practices.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have good time management skills for daily tasks and projects.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required.
• Working knowledge is desired in scripting using PowerShell, DOS base and other command language
• Working knowledge in creating/updating documentation (i.e. SOP’s, Job Aids, FAQ’s, etc.)