[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Federal Government Relations (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The position's primary responsibility is to work with the Director, Government Relations in developing and executing strategic plans to protect LyondellBasell's interests in Washington, D.C. The position will establish and maintain constructive working relationships in the U.S. Congress and select regulatory agencies, advocating company positions on important legislative, regulatory and policy issues. Extensive communication and coordination with internal stakeholders and national trade associations will be essential to ensure internal and external alignment with LyondellBasell business objectives.Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key Congressional offices and within select regulatory agencies.
- Assume primary responsibility for a portfolio of federal legislative and regulatory issues of importance to LyondellBasell.
- Develop and execute advocacy plans for these issues, incorporating direct lobbying, coordinating with trade associations and employee grassroots campaigns.
- Assist in development of ongoing issue advocacy prioritization.
- Establish a network of LyondellBasell internal stakeholders, communicating regularly to ensure government relations alignment with company objectives.
- Identify, track and internally communicate legislative and regulatory developments and emerging trends. Work with internal stakeholders to define potential impacts and develop company position papers and advocacy strategies.
- Serve as LyondellBasell's primary liaison with several national trade associations. Actively participate on their government relations committees, helping to shape and lobby policy positions.
- Assist in developing LyondellBasell's federal PAC contributions plan. Represent the PAC at Congressional fundraisers.
- Initiate and organize visits by members of Congress to LyondellBasell facilities.
- Achieve a basic understanding of LyondellBasell's businesses, products and technologies in order to best represent the company's interests.
- Provide backup coverage as needed for the Senior Manager of Government Relations.
- Travel required about once per month to various LyondellBasell facilities and trade association meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Political Science, Chemistry or other related sciences
- A minimum of five (5) years government or government relations experience preferably as a congressional staff member, trade association lobbyist or corporate lobbyist.
- Must have existing relationships within a substantial number of Congressional offices and key committees.
- Strong working knowledge of congressional legislative and committee processes.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written. Ability to understand and clearly communicate complex messages to individuals ranging from junior legislative staff to senior members of Congress or the Administration.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to simultaneously manage multiple issues and assignments, meeting required deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter that excels when given opportunities to work more autonomously.
- Technical background or exposure to chemical or energy-related industry preferred.
- Existing relationships within key regulatory agencies such as the EPA, DOT and OSHA preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Federal Government Relations.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC