Claim Director SG 24
Chubb is seeking to hire a Claim Director to handle the high severity, complex Environmental Claims.
The Environmental team is part of Chubb Environmental Claims and provides specialized claim handling of first- party and third-party voluntary pollution claims.
The Environmental Claim Director will report directly to an Environmental Manager within Environmental Claims.
The Environmental Claims is part of Chubb Severity North America Claims lead by SVP Severity, Julie Weerth.
- In depth knowledge of environmental and casualty.
- 5 – 10 years of direct claims handling experience.
- Environmental specialists strongly preferred.
- An ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills; and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a professional manner.
- Evaluating exposure through in-depth analysis of legal and factual issues, retaining and managing litigation counsel through trial, developing and managing strategy for complex litigation.
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills, particularly in adverse or high-pressure situations.
- Highly organized and able to respond to insureds and internal as well as external business partners in a timely and professional manner.
- A law degree is not necessary but recommended.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing claim resolution strategies.
- Recognize significant potential exposures on claims and prepare appropriate alerts to senior managers and our internal business partners.
- Provide exceptional service to our internal and external business partners.
- Analyzes and identifies coverage issues timely coverage and communicates coverage positions to appropriate parties.
- Directs and closely monitors cases with financial impact in team through trial/resolution.
- Timely sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to management.
- Travels to conferences, mediations and trials as necessary. Travel ranges from approximately __% to __%, but it could be more as dictated by business needs.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company along with:
- An inclusive mindset which allows differences to be leveraged for better business results;
- Open, transparent communication;
- Teamwork and inclusion which draws on diverse ideas and perspectives; and
- New ideas, innovation, and ways of thinking which support diversity.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.