Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.sm
The Manager, (Strategy & Growth) is the overall project lead across moderate-complexity engagement types and is responsible for determining overall approach and structure of analysis for engagement and key deliverables. The Manager will need substantial industry knowledge and will serve as the driving force behind team problem solving to help the clients identify strategic priorities, improve financial and market performance, rationalize services, and meet the many challenges that health care reform gives them. The Manager will assign workstreams to team members and self that reflect skills and development needs while meeting the needs and timelines of the client. This role will have a focus on project economics and will direct team to follow the practices needed to ensure both quality and profitability.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overall project lead across moderate-complexity engagement types (or workstream lead for higher-complexity engagements)
- Ability to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues) and determine the appropriate strategic solutions
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Responsible for determining overall analytical approach and structure for engagement / workstream and including key deliverables
- Spend time coaching team members to develop approaches for their own sections when appropriate, reviewing and validating their work for accuracy and effectiveness
- Principal point of day to day contact for client project lead
- Establishes optimal communication cadence with client and demonstrates sufficient executive presence to lead onsite presentations
- Assigns workstreams to team members and self that reflect skills and development needs while meeting needs and timelines of client
- Focuses on project economics and directs team to follow practices needed to ensure both quality and profitability
- Closely monitors actual vs. expected team utilization
- Effectively and appropriately apply both deductive and inductive thinking
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Optum Advisory Services business units as it relates to strategic planning
- Provide support to other Optum Advisory Services business units when strategy expertise is required in dealing with client issues
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, clients, and other staff
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Contribute to practice-level initiatives including business development and thought leadership beyond client project work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Advanced Degree (MBA/MPH/MHA) with 3-6 years consulting experience OR Undergraduate Degree with 5-8 years consulting experience
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting
- 3+ years of experience in strategy consulting
- 3+ years of Healthcare, payer and/or provider, life sciences experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiar with variety of problem-solving approaches
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 60-80%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Highly prefer payer and/or provider experience
- Graduate level degree in business or healthcare
- Background in healthcare consulting
- Experience managing projects that achieved budget and timeline goals
- Possess analytical reasoning and solution-focus problem solving
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Experience mentoring junior level staff
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.sm
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Strategy Consulting, Remote, Telecommute